Current:Home > reviewsJuan Soto to be introduced by Mets at Citi Field after striking record $765 million, 15 -Wealth Legacy Solutions
Juan Soto to be introduced by Mets at Citi Field after striking record $765 million, 15
Indexbit Exchange View
Date:2025-04-07 03:35:10
NEW YORK (AP) — Juan Soto will be introduced by the New York Mets at Citi Field on Thursday, a day after his record $765 million, 15-year contractwas finalized.
Soto chose the Mets’ offeron Sunday, deciding to leave the Yankees after helping them reach the World Series in his only season in the Bronx.
The 26-year-old’s contract value eclipsed Shohei Ohtani’s $700 million, 10-year dealwith the Los Angeles Dodgers last December. Its length topped Fernando Tatis Jr.’s $340 million, 14-year agreementwith San Diego that runs through 2034.
Soto has the right to become a free agent again after five years, but the Mets can void that right by adding $40 million to the final 10 years of the deal and raising the total to $805 million.
Soto batted .288 with 41 homers, 109 RBIs and 129 walks this year. The 26-year-old has a .285 batting average with 201 homers, 592 RBIs and 769 walks over seven major league seasons with Washington, San Diego and the Yankees.
___
AP MLB: https://apnews.com/mlb
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (5)
Related
- NFL Week 15 picks straight up and against spread: Bills, Lions put No. 1 seed hopes on line
- Las Vegas police arrest couple on murder charges in killings of homeless people
- Illinois man charged in Fourth of July parade shooting rehires lawyers weeks after dismissing them
- Michigan Republicans set to vote on chair Karamo’s removal as she promises not to accept result
- New data highlights 'achievement gap' for students in the US
- As gun violence increases, active shooter defense industry booms
- Actor Christian Oliver Shared Photo From Paradise 3 Days Before Fatal Plane Crash
- FDA approves Florida's plan to import cheaper drugs from Canada
- 'Malcolm in the Middle’ to return with new episodes featuring Frankie Muniz
- Top White House budget official warns of ‘dire’ situation on Ukraine aid
Ranking
- Appeals court scraps Nasdaq boardroom diversity rules in latest DEI setback
- 'I can't feel my fingers': 13-year-old Tetris winner dumfounded after beating game
- Texas Tech says Pop Isaacs is ‘in good standing’ after report of lawsuit alleging sexual assault
- The teacher shot by a 6-year-old still worries, a year later, about the other students in the room
- The Super Bowl could end in a 'three
- United Arab Emirates acknowledges mass trial of prisoners previously reported during COP28
- Will Gypsy Rose Blanchard Watch Joey King's The Act? She Says...
- Church says priest who married teen has been defrocked
Recommendation
2 killed, 3 injured in shooting at makeshift club in Houston
Natalia Grace’s Adoptive Mom Kristine Barnett Breaks Her Silence on Explosive Docuseries
Stars converge in Palm Springs to celebrate year’s best films and Emma Stone’s career
Maui’s mayor says Lahaina debris site will be used temporarily until a permanent spot is found
Average rate on 30
Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou boxing match set for March 9 in Saudi Arabia
Virginia man keeps his word and splits his $230,000 lottery prize with his brother
The year in review: 2023's most popular movies, music, books and Google searches